Sunday, 3 August 2014

JULY FAVOUITES

So I thought I'd try a favourites post and see how it went. Here's the things I've been loving for the past month:

1. New Look Dress - I love this summer dress, I picked it up in New Look a few weeks back and it was the only dress I liked but it wasn't in the sale, typical! I love the floral crossed with paisley pattern, and blue isn't a colour I wear often so I figured I needed more blue in my wardrobe. It's comfortable to wear on a summer's day as it's very light and flowy, but it's also quite versatile. I've already styled it with some docs and my black leather backpack for a festival look, but I also think it would go with a floppy black hat and some strappy sandals. 

2. Maybelline Nail Varnish - this nail varnish is 'Extreme Blackcurrant', I love this shade as I always wear black nail varnish so this is a nice change for me. It's a 'Forever Strong' nail varnish so it does last for quite a while too which is a bonus.

3. Herbalism Face Wash from Lush - I picked this up at Lush two weeks ago in the hope it would get rid of those pesky black heads on my nose (I've tried everything!), and I must say, I've used it day and night along with my normal skin routine and it's worked a treat, I still have blackheads but they have cleared by a significant amount. The crushed almonds in this wash exfoliate and help clear away the blackheads but didn't aggravate my sensitive skin as they were really light. Another thing that drew me to this was that like many Lush products now, this is completely self-preserving which is surprising seeing as all the ingredients are natural, there are no harsh chemicals to help preserve the product that will affect my sensitive skin which is great! Another reason I love Lush!

4. Notebook from T K Maxx - I have a rather strange and unhealthy obsession with pretty notebooks (I have a draw full at home - one day I'll use them all). The leather-look over really drew me to this one, and the lovely quality paper inside. Also, as I bought this from T K Maxx, the price was pretty awesome too.

5. Derwent Inktense Pencils - These were actually a gift from my A Level art teacher when I finished sixth form, she is fab! I love Derwent pencils because they are artist quality and they're only made down the road from where I live. The Inktense pencils allow you to add water to create a lovely watercolour effect, I can't wait to have a go with these! I think they'll come in very useful when I go to uni too. Check out the Derwent pencil website here where you can shop all the products and see how they're made.

So there are my July favourites. Let me know what you think if you've tried any of these things before yourself, and I'll see you all soon.

Emily x

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know I've nominated you for The leibster award thingy it's on my blog now, have fun filling it out :} x

    Marbl☾☽Moon

    ReplyDelete