Thursday, 23 October 2014

PSYCHOGEOGRAPHIC MAP

So I've spent the past two weeks basically walking around Northampton and just people watching and drawing anything interesting I saw. Today I used all of my drawings to create a psycho-geographic map with my Illustration class and it was so fun!

Basically, a psycho-geographic map is geography that encourages the influence of playfulness, creativeness and imagination. So to make ours we used a huge sheet of paper (seriously it was 10 meters long) to combine all the things that we found around Northampton together to make a gigantic map.

It was fun to combine all our drawing styles together in one piece and fill in all the gaps. I think it was also really nice for us all to work together to make a really nice piece of work.




Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment