Tuesday, 25 August 2015

RECENT DRAWINGS


Hello! Here's a sneak peek into my sketchbook again of what I've been sketching over the past few weeks. In my last post I mentioned about my creative block that's been plaguing my life recently, the last recent drawings post I did (read it here) includes the drawings I had been making during the block, so today I'm going to show you the drawings I've been making as I was coming out of it. I don't know about you but I can notice a big difference between them!

Stop rambling Emily, show them the drawings...

Okay here goes:
The first drawing is actually a drawing of Aaron Johnson, don't ask me why. The second is the outcome of taking my sketchbook out on a night out with me, I can't actually read half of it or remember writing it al all, but there it is.

I know this isn't a drawing, but I just love pressing flowers! I was given a huge bunch of flowers for helping out with an exhibition a few weeks ago and I couldn't resist pressing some.

The first one is space-related things in fineliner, and the second is a ceiling fan in biro from when I was sitting in a pub. As far as fans go that one was pretty useless.

Fucking feminist. Just because. And that's a rather rushed self portrait.

This is my thought process when researching and coming up with ideas for my drawings for Neon Moon last week. It was fun creating a drawing that I wanted to be both inspirational and empowering at the same time. See the post and the finished drawings here.
There you go, my visual diary for the month. I'll be heading out on a little tour visiting some of my uni pals this week so I hope to have a few more interesting drawings to show for next time. I hate trains with a passion but I have to admit they're good for sneakily drawing unsuspecting travellers. Until you get caught staring at someone that is, it's pretty awkward after that...

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment