Wednesday, 2 September 2015

AUGUST FAVOURITES

 Hello, I do believe it is Sepember, and it's time to talk about my new stuff. More important than this random load of stuff I've gathered this month, there's been numerable things that have happened that have made me very happy this month.

Firstly, I go to university in Northampton which is in the midlands; because of this, I seem to accumulated friends from all over the country which is great because I've spent the month visiting them and had them visit me. This meant I got to see cool stuff all over the country and have a laugh. Highlights were visiting Yorkshire Sculpture Park with my friend Caitlin (you need to go there it's amazing if you're an art nerd like me), getting pissed in Stourport with all my flatmates and exploring the Lake District (where I live) with my good friends Luke and Megan. Secondly, the lovely old time I had at Hayton Castle meeting all the wonderful people there and having a right laugh playing guitar till the early hours of the morning. And finally, Solfest. I have little words to describe how much I love this little festival, and I got to spend it with some pretty amazing people. Good times all round I'd say, hurrah to August!

Now on with the random crap.

 As it's September I'm in uni mode at the moment, and couldn't resist these sunshine yellow pan and wok set from Aldi. Hopefully it'll make me feel better about cooking, but that's a long shot.
 I made this cushion! I'm very pleased with myself and think it'll fit very well into my uni room. Also, have you noticed the colourful backdrop? This is an offcut rug that I bought from Solfest. I just love these rugs, they're really cheap and add colour and cosiness to any room.
These beauties were found in charity shops on my travels, in total I spent a fiver! The jumper, as it says on the logo, was actually hand knitted, it's so cute. The floral number is actually a button up dress in a chiffon material that I use as a long kimono.

Anyway, onwards to September for Freshers, moving, gigs and lots of job applications! I hope you've had a wonderful month too.

Emily x

1 comment:

  1. That cushion is fantastic, you're so talented!! You can always find fantastic things at charity shops, absolutely LOVE those sweaters! Happy September dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete